How To Book Free USS Arizona Memorial Tickets
Getting your free USS Arizona Memorial tickets can be confusing. With so many channels of information from tour companies, travel agencies and social media, we wanted to lay it all out for you.
Booking Free USS Arizona Memorial Tickets In Advance Online
*Recreation.gov is the National Park Service's website for all their Parks' reservations.
- Advance Tickets: Each day 325 tickets to the Memorial are placed online 60 days in advance at recreation.gov.
- Next Day Tickets: Each day an additional 525 tickets are placed online to the Memorial, the day before your arrival, on recreation.gov.
Book your free movie and boat passes at recreation.gov.
Tickets are made available each day at 7 a.m. Hawaii Standard Time and can be booked online or by calling, toll-free, 1-877-444-6777.
When booking online, please search for "Pearl Harbor Historic Sites" on the home page of recreation.gov.
The online reservation system includes the movie/boat ticket to the Memorial and offers three options:
- USS Arizona Memorial movie/boat ticket only. Select the date and number of tickets you desire. There's a $1.00 reservation fee per ticket.
- For a more enriching Pearl Harbor experience, book the National Park Service USS Arizona Memorial Narrated Tour, available in nine languages. This incredible two-hour self-guided tour is just $7.50 and is hosted by Jamie Lee Curtis and many of the Pearl Harbor survivors.
- For the full experience, book the Pearl Harbor Historic Sites' Passport to Pearl Harbor, offering all the Pearl Harbor sites at a discounted price.
- Upgrade your Narrated Tour to the deluxe tour for access to extra content such as unseen footage and bonus videos.
Visitors must check in at least one hour prior to the departure ticket time or the tickets may be reassigned. Reservations are restricted to six tickets per day, per credit card.
How To Get Free USS Arizona Memorial Tickets On Site
If you are unable to secure reservations, each morning the National Park Service gives out an additional 1,300 free walk-up USS Arizona Memorial tickets at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, on a first-come, first-served basis. Visitors who want these tickets should arrive at the Visitor Center early.
The gate opens at 7 a.m. The entire family or group has to be present at the Visitor Center to qualify for these free tickets.
Other Ways To Experience The USS Arizona Memorial
- Standby Tickets: There are occasionally no-shows for the tour to the USS Arizona Memorial. Visitors are welcome to stand by for the tours at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center Theater.
- Virtual Reality Tour: At the Visitor Center, the Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Center is open daily from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and offers three incredible VR tours for just $4.95. The most popular VR tour is called "Experience the USS Arizona Memorial," which is so detailed and realistic that you can actually read every name in the shrine room and have the ability to explore the entire Memorial, including an unbelievable visit on top of the Memorial for a 360-degree view of historic Pearl Harbor.
Helpful Pearl Harbor And USS Arizona Memorial Tips
USS Arizona Memorial Shuttle: The first USS Arizona Memorial tour begins at 7:30 a.m. and runs every 15 minutes to 3 p.m. Each tour takes approximately 75 minutes. The boats are operated by the U.S. Navy and hold 145 passengers each.
Pearl Harbor Visitor Center: The Pearl Harbor Visitor Center is open daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's). Admission and parking is free. Please be advised that the Visitor Center has a no-bag policy; visitors can bring their wallets, cameras, cellular phones and water.
USS Arizona Memorial Museum Store: Discover the largest selection of WWII in the Pacific books and memorabilia in the USS Arizona Memorial Museum Store, conveniently located at the entrance of the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Open daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information on Pearl Harbor, visit:
Download this post in PDF format.
Donate here to support the official nonprofit for the USS Arizona Memorial or check out our online shop!
Pin and share
- Tags: USS Arizona Memorial
- Amy Fujimoto